*The News Team Challenge will be offered 3 times. You don’t have to participate in all 3 but in order to win the Grand Prize featuring a hotel stay. As you complete each phase and submit your video for that week, a new email will be sent describing your next video assignment.
-1st Phase: May 18- May 28 – Entries must be submitted by/on May 29
- Requirements: Show us your favorite area to walk or bike in your neighborhood. Include photos & video clips showing us why you appreciate this area. Videos must be anywhere between 30 seconds to 3 minutes. Get creative!
- Prize: Urban Challenge/Scavenger Hunt for up to 12 people in Balboa Park, Downtown, La Jolla or Encinitas.
-2nd Phase: May 29 – June 29 – Entries must be submitted by/on June 29
- Requirements: Show us something unique about your neighborhood. It could be a historical landmark that’s off-the-beaten path or an area that has amazing views. Tell us why you love it & why people should check it out. Video length: Anywhere between 30 seconds to 3 minutes.
- Prize: Jet Ski Rentals for 2 people, courtesy of San Diego Bay Adventures.
-3rd Phase: June 30 to August 15 – Entries must be submitted by/on August 15.
- Requirements: Describe your dream day and tell us where you love eating breakfast, lunch & dinner in your neighborhood. Be sure to show us the restaurants, your favorite meals and anything else we should know about these restaurants.
- Grand Prize: One night stay at Shelter Island’s Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel, One Surf lesson & $25 Gift Card from Surf Diva, Five Bridges Hike for up to 15 people from Where You Want To Be/Out of the Ordinary.
*Video length must run between 30 seconds to 3 minutes max
*A winning video will be selected for each phase and will win a prize
*Entries must be posted on either Facebook OR Instagram. Please be sure to LIKE our pages before you post your videos!
*For Facebook, please tag one or both of our two companies and use the hashtag: #newsteamchallenge
@OutOfTheOrdinaryTeamAdventures – Out of the Ordinary
@wheretours – Where You Want To Be
*For Instagram, please use one or both of our two companies’
Handles and use the hashtag: #newsteamchallengesd
@unique_sandiego – Out of the Ordinary
@funteamexperiences – Where You Want To Be
Each week’s video must be posted and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 AM Friday.
- Mention Where You Want To Be in your post.
- Practice physical distancing in photos/videos.
- We love fun, high energy photos so show us your best facial expressions.